Aberdeen-based offshore diving consultancy DiveSource said it has secured three new contracts in the last six months worth a total of £4 million.The recent contract wins come on the back of a successful period for DiveSource which has also seen the company grow internationally and appoint two new members to the team.DiveSource managing director, Sarah Hutcheon, said: “This is a really exciting time for us as we consolidate our position in the North Sea and also build upon contracts in a number of overseas regions.“We’ve seen significant growth over a relatively short period as operators look to us to provide highly-trained, fully-competent and experienced personnel to ensure their assets remain productive, and that safety is maintained and remains at the forefront of all diving operations.”In addition to already working with three North Sea operators on ongoing projects across the North Sea, DiveSource has also won a two-year contract with Apache North Sea.The agreement with the oil and gas operator will include the provision of Client Dive and ROV reps, and diving and ROV audit services and has the option of three, one-year extensions. DiveSource will also supply a ‘dive responsible person’ who will advise on all Apache’s diving operations across the North Sea.Patrick Duggan, Subsea projects manager for Apache, said: “We are pleased to build on our relationship with DiveSource. Its team of highly competent diving personnel and ability to deliver industry-leading training courses along with dive audit services help us ensure we continually deliver safe and efficient subsea operations for a variety of subsea projects.”
The job-creating Cairns Shipping Development Project has been given the green light after the federal government signed off on the environmental impact statement, Leichhardt MP Warren Entsch said in its today’s release. The federal government was forced to delay making a final decision on the EIS for several months at the request of the Queensland Labor Government.Commenting the latest news, Mr Entsch said that the Cairns Shipping Development Project represented a key economic driver for not only Cairns and Far North Queensland but also for Northern Australia.“This is quite literally a game-changer for Cairns and Far North Queensland,” Mr Entsch said.“The comprehensive EIS will allow for restricted dredging of one million cubic meters and will also allow for the widening and deepening the existing outer shipping channel and inner harbor channel.“However, the EIS allows for dredging up to four million cubic meters should it be required in the future.“It will also see the establishment of a new shipping swing basin to enable future expansion of the HMAS Cairns Navy and see upgrade to existing wharves infrastructure.“This means more, and larger, cruise ships (up to 100 by 2031) will be able to come to Cairns along with larger defense and commercial vessels.“The project will support 195 full time jobs during construction and create 1535 ongoing support jobs to deal with the boost in the number of tourists visiting the region.“More importantly, this project will inject up to $1 billion into the local economy through increased expenditure.”Mr Entsch also added that the dredging project, once underway, should take no longer than 12 weeks to complete and visual impacts will be minimal.
Vincent“Denden” Yuvero was a 20-year-old resident of Barangay To-og, Miag-ao, accordingto Colonel Joel Benedict Batara, commander of the Philippine Army’s 61stInfantry Battalion (61IB). Governmenttroops and rebels clashed in Barangay Ongyod on Sept. 23, three days after askirmish there Friday last week. Heurged them to surrender. Thisex-NPA rebel, Batara said, also confirmed that Yuvero belonged to the SuyakPlatoon, Southern Front, Komiteng Rehiyon Panay of the NPA. “Weassure their safety,” said Batara. Afterthe rebels retreated, soldiers recovered an M16 rifle, antipersonnel mine,medicines, backpacks, kitchen utensils and subversive documents of highintelligence value, according to Captain Cenon Pancito III, spokesperson of thePhilippine Army’s 3rd Infantry Division. ILOILO– The New People’s Army (NPA) rebel who died in an encounter with PhilippineArmy soldiers on Monday in Barangay Ongyod, Miag-ao town has beenidentified. Yuverowas identified by a former NPA colleague, Batara added. “Yuvero’sfamily already claimed his cadaver. Right now we are continuing our hot pursuitoperation against his other fleeing companions,” said Batara. OneArmy soldier was wounded. Sergeant Janny Labrador of the 61IB was hospitalizedfor a gunshot wound on a leg. The30-minute encounter happened at around 8 a.m. There were an estimated 15rebels. “Iniwan nila angkanilang namatay na kasama para mabilis ang pagtakbo nila,” said Pancito./PN
The Batesville Lady Bulldogs Freshman team defeated The South Dearborn Lady Knights 29-12 to advance on to The EIAC Finals against The East Central Lady Trojans on Wednesday (1-28) Night tipping off at 6 PM.
The Batesville Bulldogs 7th Grade basketball team lost a heartbreaker to the Jac-Cen-Del Eagles on Tuesday night, 29 to 26.The Bulldogs overcame a double-digit halftime deficit and had chance to send the game into overtime in the final seconds, but a last second three pointer fell short. Once again. Batesville was plagued by turnovers, committing 17 for the game. At halftime, Jac-Cen-Del held a 23 to 12 advantage but the Bulldogs came out in the second half fired up and determined to shut down the Eagle’s offensive attack. Batesville was able to outscore Jac-Cen-Del 14 to 6 in the second half. However, in the end it was still not enough to come away with a victory. Batesville was much more impressive on defense and was vastly improved compared to their performance the night before against South Ripley where they gave up 50 points.For the game, the Bulldogs were led by RJ Powell who scored a game high for either team with 12 points. Also contributing for Batesville was Trey Peters with 5, Austin Cornn with 4, Mason Barker with 3 and Matthew Meyer with 2. Batesville will be back in action Thursday night when they go up against the South Decatur Cougars at South Decatur.Score By Quarters:Batesville- 1st-8, 2nd-4, 3rd-5, 4th-9 Total-26Jac-Cen-Del- 1st-13, 2nd-10, 3rd-4, 4th-2 Total-29Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Luke Williams.The 8th Grade Bulldogs won 42-31.Score by Quarters:Bville 16,21,33,42JCD 12, 18, 24, 31Batesville Individual Stats:Seth Gausman 7 pts, 4 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 deflections, 5 turnovers; Colt Meyer 16 pts, 3 rbs, 3 asts, 4 stls, 5 deflections, 0 to’s; Bill Lynam 7 pts, 7 rbs, 2 assts, 1 stl; and Dempsy Bohman 6 pts, 6 rbs, 2 assts, 3 stls, 2 deflections, 4 blocks.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Chris Bradford.
Anna Terrill 60 of Moores Hill passed away Friday July 8, 2016 at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati. Anna was born Thursday November 24, 1955 in Leslie County, Kentucky the daughter of A.C. Spurlock and Gracie (Grimes) Spurlock. She married George Terrill February 6, 1981 and he survives. Anna was retired from Four B & W in Piketon, Ohio. She enjoyed cooking, playing cards with her friends, racing horses that she owned, and spending time with the grandchildren.Anna is survived by husband George Terrill of Moores Hill, daughters Georgette (Philip) Donk of Aurora and Sarah (Jeremi) Ison of Milan, father A. C. Spurlock, grandchildren Trenton and Parker Donk, Cayden Green and Kiersey Ison, 3 step grandchildren and 1 step great grandchild. She was preceded in death by her mother and a brother Charles Spurlock.Funeral services will be Monday July 11, at 12 Noon at Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home at Moores Hill with Rev. Ed Hensley officiating. Burial will follow in the Pilgrim Cemetery north of Milan. Visitation will be 10-12noon Monday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to Relay for Life. Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, 16717 Manchester Street, PO Box 156 Moores Hill, In 47032, (812)744-3280. Go to www.sibbettmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.
Greensburg, In. — Due to a culvert failure Decatur County Road 100 South is closed between County Roads 200E and 280E. The closure is until further notice.
Richard F. Dickman, age 88 of Batesville, died Friday, September 7, 2018 at Margaret Mary Health. Born May 22, 1930 in Franklin County Indiana, he is the son of Catherine (Nee: Rahe) and Herman Dickman. He served in the army during the Korean War and after the service married Irene Hornbach June 19, 1954 at St. Martin’s Church in Yorkville, Indiana. He spent nearly twenty years at National Lead of Ohio (Fernald) before finishing his working career as a supervisor at Batesville Casket Company, retiring in 1995 after 25 years.Richard’s passion was his family. He served God and his country. Most of his life was devoted to providing for and spending time with family. To support a growing family he raised livestock, planted a large garden, sold ricks of wood and farmed the land to supplement his day job. The grandkids will always remember trips to the farm, jamming all the way there to a cassette of Alabama blaring. Hours were spent with his children and grandchildren in building tree houses, sand boxes, play houses, and swing sets. He was always there as an electrician or handy man to help his kids with their first home or remodeling projects. He never hesitated to help a neighbor or a friend in need. He enjoyed auctions and yard sales with Irene. They had great fun with finding unique “treasures.” Irene, who knew him for 68 years, simply describes him as “The Best”. The annual family campouts became a cherished tradition spanning over 40 years. Through the years when he was asked, “What do you want for your birthday?” He would reply, “Nothing. I have everything.” In seeing his family, the many successes and rewards of his legacy are apparent. His family was it. He never let other priorities detract him from his greatest calling as a husband, dad, grandfather, and great grandfather.He is survived by his wife Irene; daughters and sons-in-laws Karen and Dave Snuffer of Shelbyville, Indiana, Mara and Steve Kruthaupt of Batesville, Ellen and Jeff Paul of Oldenburg, Shelia and Tim Merkel of Cincinnati, Geralyn and Gary Litzinger of Hamburg, Colleen and Greg Doll of Morris, Carmen and Gary Belter of Batesville, Nancy and Gus Kinker of Greensburg, Ann and Tim Sweeney of Greensburg; sons and daughter-in-law Dennis Dickman of Greensburg, Daniel and Rhonda Dickman of Batesville; sister Shirley Suttman of Batesville; brother Alvin Dickman of Batesville; 29 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren. In addition to his parents, he is also preceded in death by son Brian Dickman; sister Sylvia Fuentes; brothers Louis and Eugene “Toolie” Dickman; grandson Zach Litzinger and daughter-in-law Mary Dickman.Visitation is Wednesday, September 12th, from 4 – 7 p.m. at the Weigel Funeral Home. Funeral services are 10 a.m. Thursday, September 13th, at St. Louis Church with Rev. Stan Pondo officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery with military rites conducted by the Ripley County V.F.W. Post #3183 and the Prell-Bland American Legion Post #271. The family requests memorials to St. Louis School or the Zachary A. Litzinger Memorial Scholarship Fund.
James McCarthy, John Stones and Kevin Mirallas found the net as United stumbled to successive defeats for the first time under the Dutchman. United had 65 per cent possession and 17 attempts, but they were unable to break down a compact Everton team, who exposed the visitors’ weak defence on the counter. “When you see the goal after four minutes, three duels in a row we lost and that is an example. “I hope it shall not happen again but as a coach I know it shall happen again.” Van Gaal’s opposite number Roberto Martinez was much happier after the final whistle. His team deserve praise for the way they contained United and then punished them so destructively on the counter. Martinez reserved special praise for Stones after he scored his first goal for the club. “John deserves his moment because scoring his first goal is a memory he is going to treasure,” the Everton manager said. “The boys were giving him a hard time because he only scores in training. His defensive display was his best since he was playing in the first team.” An improved showing at the back had enabled United to go to Chelsea last week on the back of six straight wins, but the defence looked like the shaky back line that cost United so badly at the start of the campaign. McCarthy skipped through weak challenges by Paddy McNair and Daley Blind before slipping the ball between David de Gea’s legs to put Everton ahead in the fifth minute. Stones easily shrugged off his marker Antonio Valencia before rising to nod in Leighton Baines’ corner for the second. And Mirallas killed the game off with 16 minutes to go as the United defence stood like statues waiting for an offside flag that never came. A fortnight ago United seemed all but certain to qualify for the Champions League, but Liverpool are now seven points behind them and they have a match in hand. “You give the light to your opponents,” Van Gaal said when asked what effect the loss would have on United’s Champions League hopes. Should Wayne Rooney be ruled out for a while with the knee injury he sustained towards the end, United’s hopes of finishing in the top four would be further damaged. “He took a kick to his knee and we have to see if it is heavy or not,” Van Gaal said of his captain, who came off in the 88th minute with the problem. Van Gaal also had to remove another former Everton player at half-time in Marouane Fellaini. The United boss feared the Belgian, making his first return to Goodison, would be sent off unless he replaced him. “He was booked and I found that the players of Everton provoke him and I was not so sure if he should end the match,” said Van Gaal of the midfielder, who was cautioned for fouling Ross Barkley in the 12th minute. Press Association Van Gaal has rarely criticised his players in the second half of the season, but it was a different story on Sunday. The United boss said he could tell his team was not up for the fight from their relaxed attitude in the warm-up. The 3-0 defeat – Everton’s biggest over United in 23 years – therefore came as no surprise to the man in the away dugout. “This is the first match that the other team have shown more fighting spirit than us,” Van Gaal said. “Our motivation, inspiration and aggression was not as high as the opponent. “I had already the feeling and my colleagues (assistants) Ryan Giggs and Albert Stuivenberg had the feeling because the warm up was not so good as usual. “In the last minutes before the game you hope you can recover and stimulate your players but then it is too late. “You have to prepare the match already two or three days before and Everton has done that and they have won because of that. Louis van Gaal accused his Manchester United players of a lack of motivation as they slumped to their heaviest league defeat of his reign at Everton.
THE women’s cricket programme in Guyana has come in for high praise by West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) Senior Project Officer responsible for Schools Cricket K. J Singh.Singh, who was speaking at the Scotiabank Kiddy Cricket Interval display during the second One Day International between Pakistan and the West Indies in Guyana, contended that there is now a pathway for the ladies in the sport.“For Guyana, your female programme is a good one. Especially now with the West Indies retaining more players especially female players, they have something that they can look forward and see, I should say, the light at the end of the tunnel as a cricketer.”“Back in the days, the women’s game was unsupported financially, now it is; so the girls can see a clear pathway from kiddy cricket all the way through to schools cricket, club cricket and go all the way up to West Indies senior level,” he contended.“Is it a clear-cut development pathway? It isn’t, but we are working to bridge those gaps like the Under-13s, the Under-15s; have tournaments and programmes for those girls so they can move from Under-17 to Under-19 to senior cricket seamlessly.”Singh also lauded the mixture of boys and girls who took part in Sunday’s display, adding that this is heartening to see both genders being involved in the sport.The eight schools are Leonora Primary, Enterprise Primary, North Georgetown Primary, St Pius Primary, Redeemer Primary, Blairmont Primary, Greenwich Park Primary and New Diamond/Grove Primary.